Monday, December 7, 2009

The Tragically Hip - December 04, 2009: Tripod, Dublin


December 04, 2009: Tripod, Dublin

Oncce again I went out of my way to see one of the best active rock and roll bands in the business and was not disappointed. Last Friday I spent an intimate evening with The Tragically Hip in Dublin, IE.

Among the roughly 600 fans in the audience were plenty of happy Canadian fans who were delighted to see a Buffalonian donning a Canadian Hip jersey.

The atmosphere was electric and the crowd was very much alive and ready for anything. We were treated with two full sets ( 2 encores) with each song as tight and as crisp as only the Hip can do, night after night! It was a real pleasure to once again have the opportunity to see the guys in a small intimate venue.

My thanks go out to The Tragically Hip, my wonderful Irish hosts, the beautiful Canadians who were as happy as ever and of course my traveling companions. I apologise about the photo quality, but it is the best one I took from the show.

SET LIST

1. New Orleans Is Sinking

2. The Depression Suite

3. Poets

4. It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken

5. Fireworks

6. Springtime In Vienna

7. Morning Moon

8. Family Band

9. Love Is A First

10. Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)

11. Coffee Girl

12. Fiddler's Green

13. Gift Shop

14. Ahead By A Century

15. In View

16. At The Hundredth Meridian

17. Bobcaygeon

18. Fully Completely

19. My Music At Work

20. Grace, Too

21. Blow At High Dough

No comments: