Friday, November 27, 2009

Free Yourself From Corporate Rule


Buy Nothing Day started in North America in the early 90's and has grown to an international day celebrated in over 50 countries.

Before you buy, ask yourself:
Do I need it?
Can I afford it?
How many do I already have?
Is it recycable or renewable? If not, how will I dispose of it?
Is it made in a sweatshop by a child slave?
How does my consumption effect poor countries around the globe?
Am I thinking for myself or am I just part of the herd?

Celebrate the holiday season(s) and BUY NOTHING!! This year make a gift, write someone a song or poem, cook them a homemade dessert or at the very least, support your local, independent retailers!

"Don't you know when you're out shopping your just fillin' up someone else's pocket book? You think you bought what you wanted man, no you probably just bit the hook." Uncomfortably Numb - Jared Burton

No comments: