Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Park and Suites Lyon Part Dieu - Review

Doing my bit to punish lazy hoteliers the world over. If a place is cheap and I get what I pay for, then fair enough. But if I spy an injustice then I seek revenge like Ben Affleck in Daredevill...

A hotel review by Dean Turner

I stayed in this hotel because I needed to be close to the Part Dieu TGV station. Therein lies the first problem! It is probably 800m from the station and not the stone's throw they advertise on their website. France does not have a great athletic tradition in the javelin, but if this hotel can find the person who threw a stone from the Part Dieu to the front door of the Park and Suites Lyon Part Dieu Hotel then a gold medal beckons in London 2012!

The room was perfectly clean and comfortable , and double glazing meant that I scarcely heard the trains ( a lighter sleeper may struggle) that pass by the foot of my bed.

The real let down was the fitness room. One dangerous treadmill (a mechanical fault meant it slowed down randomly in use) does not constitute a fitness facility. It was also in the same room as the Jacuzzi/ small pool, which made the humidity perfect for Bikram yoga enthusiasts but for anyone else it was mighty uncomfortable.

All in all, this is not a bad hotel, but as I chose it based on its gym facilities and its proximity to the station it is safe to say that I won’t be returning."

After asking if I could post the review the gracious author of the review had this to say.....


By all means use that hotel review - it is up on trip advisor now. Hotel is called 'park and suites Lyon Part Dieu" - reading it again I was a little kind. It was a really lazily operated joint run by a disinterested management who know nothing about running a hotel. I'm sure they take the money, make the beds, clean the rooms etc, but all notions of service were lacking.

No comments: